Platform as a Service (PaaS) is a computing platform that allows the creation of web applications quickly and easily and without the complexity of buying and maintaining the software and infrastructure underneath it. It is a platform for the creation of software, delivered over the web.
- Services to develop, test, deploy, host and maintain applications in the same integrated development environment. All the varying services needed to fulfill the application development process.
- Web based user interface creation tools help to create, modify, test and deploy different UI scenarios.
- Multi-tenant architecture where multiple concurrent users utilize the same development application.
- Support multiple developers working on a development project or where other external parties need to interact with the development process.
- Built in scalability of deployed software including load balancing and failover.
- Integration with web services and databases via common standards.
- Support for development team collaboration 5. Tools to handle billing and subscription management.